Per nasal spray
Allegra is used for treating seasonal allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat, or itchy, watery eyes. It is also used to treat hives and skin itching. Allegra is an antihistamine. It works by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This helps to decrease allergy symptoms.
Use Allegra as directed by your doctor.
- Take Allegra by mouth with or without food.
- Take Allegra with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not drink fruit juice at the same time as you take Allegra. Certain fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, apple, orange) may decrease Allegra's effectiveness.
- If you take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium, do not take them at the same time as Allegra. Ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take them with Allegra.
- If you miss a dose of Allegra, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Overdose symptoms may include dry mouth, dizziness, or drowsiness.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Allegra.
Store Allegra between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Store in original packaging until just before use. Keep Allegra out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Fexofenadine hydrochloride.